What are the key benefits of being certified?
Well they are fairly obvious but can be summarised below:
- Increased customer confidence leading to:
- Greater retention of existing customers
- Improved chances of successful bids for new customers
- Increased profitability
- Improved reputation based upon the fact that you have successfully achieved an internationally recognised standard for Information Security Management
- Ability to comply with customer compliance standards – many organisations now require their suppliers and business partners to be ISO 27001 certified.
- Professional target operating model – ISO 27001 is based upon efficient and robust best practices for managing security
- Reduced risk – being certified is designed to reduce your risk exposure to data breaches and the financial and reputational damage that this may result in
- Increased IT staff retention – ISO 27001 requires a high skill level within the IT function. Upskilling team members along with providing a professional working environment is bound to have a positive impact on resource retention.
Note – all of the above has a direct positive impact on an organisation’s ability to increase profitability.
Cyber21 provide implementation services for ISO 27001 along with internal auditing. Contact us if you are interested in finding out more.